So today is my FIRST MOTHERS DAY (eeeeeeeeeee happy baby whale sound) and I have a very sick little baby at the moment! I only clocked in 3 hours sleep but some how I am still full of ….um…uh LIFE? (haha) But it’s my FIRST MOTHERS DAY, and we will still celebrate !
I have never been this excited before, and I am not even sure why? Maybe its because I find being a mom to be such an honor, and to celebrate that with my gorgeous family is just the BEST feeling in the world. I think its awesome that a day like today gets everyone to stop “collaborate and listen” (I had too!) , pause , reflect on their moms intentionally. Being a mom is a full on, full time job (24 / 7) yet it is the most rewarding thing that I have ever done. I think every mom would agree with me when I say there is nothing quite like a mothers love! I could go, on and on – but lets move on shall we?
I was told to wait in the bedroom this morning with Malakai until my husband aka “Gordon Ramsy” (the edited version) was finished cooking up a storm in the kitchen! (The smell of bacon-DROOL ).It was the worth wait! My husband laid out a beautiful spread (Go Rash!) flowers every where (protea’s and baby’s breath) , all fitting a colour scheme of course, juice in fancy glasses, candles , music playing (You name it – it was there). I was also spoilt with thee most amazing gift, that I will cherish FOREVER, a gorgeous locket with a picture of my two favourite boys ; Rash and Malakai (heart melt). Rash thank you for making my FIRST (of many) Mothers Day so special for me , you truly went above and beyond ❤ Malakai said it was all his idea, but he delegated all the work to you? (Good team work) ha ha
On Mothers Day , Malakai I want you to know :
▪ That I love you above and beyond. FULL STOP.
▪ I am proud of literally EVERYTHING you do! (NO JOKES!)
▪ I am in awe of how you observe everything around you.
▪ I love how your nose crinkles and your cheeks look like they could possibly explode off of your face from smiling or laughing!
▪ I love that you are so friendly and warm towards all sorts of people.
▪ I love how you started pulling this “cheesy fake smile”, and start breathing like mini dragon when you want me to pass you something!
▪ I love how, just before I put you to sleep at night, you smile and stroke my face when I kiss you goodnight.( My Favourite)
▪ I love it when you do this dramatic sigh, when you’re tired or bored.
▪ I love it when you literally some times talk / sing yourself to sleep.
▪ I love how you leopard crawl towards (aka chase) “Cutie” the cat, because you are so determined to have her love you! (One day she will give in)
▪ You are gentle, you are definitely loving, you are friendly, you are funny, you are VERY charming , and you are SO sweet!
▪ I am SO proud to be YOUR MOM ❤
I am so grateful to have thee most amazing mom, who loves us so passionately! There is nothing quite like a “Greek Mama’s” love! She has been my BIGGEST cheerleader, and has always been there for me! I love how she is a mom figure too many ! (Literally) I’ve also been blessed with a beautiful mother in law who raised amazing children – ‘yummy mummy’ Rish (who I adore and admire) Adam the ‘super star’ and of course my absolute favorite Rasheed who is a rocking dad, a romantic husband and all rounded creative genius! I feel so blessed to have such strong women in my life, that inspire me on a daily basis! Love you all!
Today, was a special day for me! I LOVED every moment of it! From our family breakfast with a snotty coughing yet smiling baby, to a home cooked family lunch made my Italian Stallion dad ! Rasheed and Malakai you are two of the greatest , and I love you to the moon and back and then some! Thanks for a very memorable Mothers Day!